Water is the most needed resources that human beings require for survival. MERCYWORLDWIDE believes that there is only one race, the human race, and as such every individual deserves the right for clean water.
In our efforts to assist the humanitarian need for water around the world MERCY has implemented the establishment of the “MERCY village” in all 6 continents of the world and in the 54 cities that have an established MERCY branch. Each MERCY village will take 6 six years to be completed, in third world countries, and during the first year of establishment there will be a focus on clean water.
The establishment of the MERCY village follows the pattern below:
- Water – First Year –> MERCY H2O
- Food – Second Year –> MERCY Meals
- Health – Third Year –> MERCY Health
- Disaster Preparedness – Fourth Year –> MERCY Disaster
- Education – Fifth Year –> MERCY Education
- Workforce Development – Six Year –> MERCY Workforce
MERCYWORLDWIDE initiate the MERCY H2O program in 2015 with 30 people in Port-au-Prince Haiti. We provided each individual with their own water filter, our Phase I, and now we are shifting to Phase II. The 30 individuals will now receive a community filter that they can use to provide themselves and their neighbors with clean water.